Although we are still in the midst of the flu season, it is now known that the Coronavirus, otherwise known as Covid-19 has arrived in the United States. The Coronavirus and influenza have very similar symptoms. These can include low-grade fever, dry coughing, and shortness of breath. As with any respiratory virus, we recommend the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
A fact sheet on the Coronavirus is also attached for your reference.