Tip of the Month
The holidays can be a hectic time for many. With one down, we open December planning more celebrations, baking more cookies, and preparing for friends and family to visit. This can create a lot of excitement, but also a lot of stress. Here are some tips to help feeling overwhelmed during the holiday season.
1. Don’t try to lose weight. Focus on maintaining your weight instead. There is so much to indulge on during the holidays and beating yourself up about eating will just make you feel worse.
2. Save yourself a quiet place or take a couple of minutes when feeling overwhelmed. Taking a break to have even a few moments to yourself can help calm you down. If you are having a difficult conversation with family or a friend, take a break and walk away. Return when you feel more composed and can respond appropriately.
3. Try to stick to your regular routine. Maintain most of your regular habits such as eating a normal breakfast, sticking with your exercise plans, and getting a good night’s rest. These simple things will help keep you feeling healthy and energized.
4. Don’t try to achieve perfection, just do your best. It is easy to focus on all the small things that can go wrong. Instead, be forgiving of yourself and others. No one is perfect.
5. Lastly, don’t forget to enjoy yourself! The holidays are celebrations, and there is nothing wrong with being happy, thankful, and grateful.