Monthly Safety Tips
With school in session and many people out enjoying fall weather, streets and sidewalks are busy with drivers, walkers, and bikers. As you are out in the community with members, please be mindful of your surroundings as well as traffic in the area.
- Use sidewalks whenever possible while out walking with members.
- Use crosswalks to cross streets.
- Be aware of oncoming traffic, including bikers.
- Help members watch out for curbs, cracks in the sidewalk, or other obstacles which could present a tripping or safety hazard for members.
- Stay in tune with your surroundings and refrain from using your cell phone.
- Ensure members wear their seatbelts at all times and, if applicable, that wheelchairs are properly secured.
- Never use your cell phone while driving.
- Obey all traffic laws and speed limits.
- Be aware of weather conditions.