Every April we celebrate World Autism Month, beginning with United Nations-sanctioned World Autism Awareness Day on April 2. Throughout the month, advocacy organizations sharing stories and provide opportunities to increase understanding and acceptance of people with autism. There is power in kindness and one small act can have a ripple effect to foster kindness in our communities. Here are ways in which you can participate in World Autism Month:
- Commit to take action toward a kinder world.
- Connect with kindness by sharing resources and stories on social media to increase global understanding and acceptance.
- Lead with kindness by advocating to help advance policies that positively impact the autism community or starting a kindness campaign at work.
- Care with kindness by accessing and sharing resourcestion
- Other ways to participate include wearing blue on April 2, lighting buildings blue and exploring stories and photos shared by the diverse autism community.