Supported Community Living
Mainstream Living provides Supported Community Living (SCL) for persons in the Intellectual Disabilities waiver (HCBS/ID) and persons in the Brain Injury Waiver (HCBS/BI) under the Home and Community Based Services program. Our SCL program primarily operates in Polk and Story counties, but may be available in other counties. These services are for adults of all ages who meet the admission criteria established by Mainstream Living and their particular waiver services program. Services are provided daily or hourly based on the individual needs of the person served.
What is SCL?
SCL services address the desires, goals, abilities, needs, health and safety of persons living in their own homes or in the home of a parent/guardian. Supported living services are generally long-term in nature, but may change in scope, duration, intensity or location as the needs and preferences of individuals change over time. Mainstream Living works with each of our members and their team to assess goals, interests, needs, and to assist in the following areas as needed or desired:
- Identification of appropriate goals support or treatment services
- Assistance and referral in meeting basic needs
- Assistance with housing and living arrangements
- Crisis intervention
- Arrangement for personal, environmental, family, and community supports
- Development of natural support systems
- Community skills training
- Personal advocacy development